Motospecs greatly values, appreciates and recognises the support from their customers. As a leading Australian supplier of under bonnet and under vehicle aftermarket parts and solutions, Motospecs constantly looks to ways of improving its product offering, product availability and delivery, technical assistance, cataloguing and customer service to better meet customer needs.
It’s been almost two years since Motospecs relocated to a state-of-the-art distribution centre in Glendenning in western Sydney. The new site has underpinned an evolution of successful growth. The brands have gone from strength to strength and the business is achieving excellence in customer service and distribution.
Growth and market share
Over the past two years many of Motospecs brands have gained market share. Motospecs Executive General Manager, Mark Sookias, says this reflects the quality and service offering behind every Motospecs parts programs.
“At Motospecs, we are very particular as to what parts we source and from which suppliers. We search the world for the best manufacturers and then create parts programs that satisfy applications for the majority of vehicles in the car parc. For example our Fuelmiser Engine Management program is sourced from 9 different countries across over 25 different manufacturers. And the numbers will grow in the future as the program continues to expand. We have always focussed on supplying superior products to suit a broad range of vehicle applications, all at competitive prices. Now, our distribution service has improved significantly, helping propel a very favourable value proposition to our customers”
Motospecs is extremely well positioned in a marketplace where the vehicle car parc continues to change. Diversity and sophistication in parts is rapidly growing and customers are looking for easy, convenient solutions and quicker answers.
Mark explained “Solutions and answers can vary from what part for which vehicle, through to the nature of the part itself. This is exactly how Motospecs assists its customers and we have never been better equipped than today to cater for this need. From kitted solutions, technical support, cataloguing and website, product management and the ability to interpret the increasing complex car parc, we like to think we have the answers our customers need.”
Product innovation and new products
Across its brands, Motospecs is committed to product innovation and offering quality products that meet the ever-evolving capabilities and requirements of modern engines.
“Our new Glendenning facility has enabled us to expand our product ranges and provide innovative products that have been enthusiastically received by the market,” says Geoff Rosenbaum, Motospecs Merchandise Manager.
Highlights of Motospecs’ recent product innovations include:
Expanded Drivetech range
- Drivetech SumoSprings: the world’s first and only “airless airbag”. Developed in response to market frustration with conventional airbag suspension products, Drivetech SumoSprings solve the problems of airbag suspension and are a zero maintenance suspension support solution. Drivetech SumoSprings are highly durable and eliminate the frustrations of leaking and puncturing that are so common in conventional airbags.
Over the last two years Ben Lavis, Category Manager for 4x4 at Motospecs and his team have successfully developed Drivetech SumoSprings for the Australian and New Zealand markets. When asked about Drivetech SumoSprings Ben responded “Drivetech SumoSprings is a ground-breaking, ‘fit and forget’ product that has been enthusiastically received by the market. We introduced a limited range in November last year but a much broader range is now ready to be launched at the AAAA show in April.”
- Drivetech Tools: a comprehensive range of vehicle specific, transmission specific and general tools. “The vast range of Drivetech tools makes the repairer’s job easier and safer, while delivering customers a high quality repair that will stand the test of time,” says Mario Novak, Category Manager for Drivetrain.
Expansion of Drivetech 4x4 range and distribution footprint
- Motospecs has expanded its Drivetech 4x4 distribution footprint, reflecting the growing popularity of the range. Drivetech 4x4 products are now available through more specialist stockists than ever before, and the range continues to expand.
- A recent addition is Drivetech 4x4 Enduro Shock Absorbers. These quality shocks cater to most makes and models of 4x4s (and some 4x2s), and provide vehicle owners with an excellent option to upgrade from Original Equipment while offering improved ride quality plus the durability required for use on today’s 4WDs.
- Drivetech 4x4 Enduro Suspension Lift Kits: designed specifically to meet the needs of 4WD enthusiasts. These kits make raising a vehicle off the ground a simple, fast and cost-effective process. They’re perfect for workshop owners who want to provide a quality, efficient service for their 4WD customers.
Fuelmiser Euro – Engine Management
- Fuelmiser is one of the most comprehensive engine management parts program in Australia and New Zealand, with over 2000 part numbers. “In order to meet the needs of our market, the Fuelmiser Euro range of over 500 part numbers will be launched at the AAAA show in April” says Gerry Nabarro, Category Manager for Engine Management and Fuel Systems. “The number of European vehicles being registered as a percentage of total vehicles has been increasing over the past few years, but particularly since 2009. We will now be well positioned in the aftermarket with the Fuelmiser Euro range. All parts in the Euro range are made by leading European OE manufacturers.”
Ferodo DS Performance Brake Pads
- Ferodo DS Performance Brake Pads perform so consistently that they are now the pad of choice for V8 Race Experience – the largest driver experience operator in Australia. Ferodo DS Performance Brake Pads are designed and engineered specifically for high end road users and spirited drivers and combine quality and exceptional performance in all conditions (including hot, wet, cold and dry).
“The quality of the Ferodo DS Performance range is underpinned by a rigorous testing process that includes laboratory and dyno testing as well as race circuit and road trials,” says Richard Smith Category Manager for Global Brands at Motospecs.
More innovative products from Motospecs
As well as Drivetech, Drivetech 4x4, Fuelmiser and Ferodo, the Motospecs range also includes the following brands, each of which comprises an ever-expanding product range:
- Kelpro: A market leader in rubber and hard part product categories.
- Tru-Flow: A comprehensive range of water pumps and other cooling products.
- Champion: A world leader in ignition technology for combustion engines for more than 100 years.
- K&N: Washable and reusable air filters designed to provide minimum restriction, allowing high airflow into an engine while providing superior filtration of harmful contaminants.
- ATP: Australia’s largest automatic transmission parts brand with a high quality range offering.
Streamlined distribution equals service excellence
Motospecs’ 10,000 square metre Glendenning Distribution Centre features a layout designed to optimise logistic efficiency. Effective logistics combined with technology throughout the facility, ensures seamless operations across every division of the Motospecs business.
Improved processes across receiving, kitting, despatch and transport processes that guarantee the physical movement of the Motospecs product range.
“With our Distribution Centre strategically located close to major transport hubs, next day delivery to customers in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane is achieved,” says Damian Weine, Motospecs Distribution Centre Manager.
“The Glendenning warehouse can house a quantity of stock on a truly grand scale, ensuring Motospecs can quickly meet the needs of our customers.”
All Motospecs stock is held in ‘smart’ storage media, so parts within the same order can be picked in parallel, and then consolidated before the order is sent out. This is the most efficient and streamlined way to fulfil orders and ensures a more accurate and reliable service for customers, even as the business continues to grow.
“Approximately 2,500 product lines are picked per day and despatched to Motospecs customers. Our focus is on accuracy to ensure our customers receive the right product in the right place at the right time.”
The convenience of kitting
Motospecs’ large kitting facility now produces a comprehensive and extremely popular range of overhaul, service and repair kits.
“Our kitting operation provides a significant just in time delivery solution. This ensures major benefits to customers, who in today’s market experience inventory management issues that arise from the increasing proliferation of vehicle makes and models in both the Australian and New Zealand car parcs. This benefit flows across multiple sales channels including transmission and power steering specialists, automotive resellers and OE spare parts centres.”
Through kitting Motospecs creates a series of real benefits for its customers. These include:
- Saving the customer time - customers do not have to search for individual components
- Helping the customer to eliminate any possible errors that could arise by having to order many individual components
- Saving the customer money by allowing the customer to consolidate their ordering
- Large range of kitted solutions providing the customer with a wide variety of choice for most popular vehicles. .
Cataloguing excellence in print and online
Motospecs’ reputation for innovation extends to its product catalogues, which reflect a commitment to efficiently providing customers with the parts they need to get the job done easily and quickly.
All Motospecs catalogues are available in hard copy or online, making it easy for workshops to view the information.
“Successfully sourcing automotive parts can be difficult these days unless the information at your fingertips is 100% accurate. Any workshop owner can tell you about the frustration, expense and delay caused when you order in the wrong part,” says Amanda Matheson, Marketing Communications Manager.
Motospecs catalogues are clear, easy to read and feature high quality visuals.
“Our recent Fuelmiser catalogue is a good example. Parts are featured under specific vehicles, and are listed in exactly the same order for each and every vehicle so it’s easy to skim through and find what you’re looking for quickly.”
“The new Drivetech 4x4 catalogue is also exceptionally easy to use. It includes Drivetech 4x4’s ever-expanding range of OEM equivalent parts for niche vehicles, designed to suit Australia’s most common working 4WD vehicles. The easy to read catalogue is split into 5 separate sections covering: Brake & Clutch; Drivetrain; Engine, Body & Electrical; Filtration; and Steering & Suspension.”
“We have a very skilled and highly capable team at Motospecs. They are of the highest calibre and very much focused on satisfying the customer” describes Mark Sookias when referring to ultimately the main driver for Motospecs’ success.
“For example, our expert product managers are not just passionate about their products – many of them are experienced mechanics who understand and appreciate the needs of busy workshops. Therefore the decisions being made across the supply chain are with the customer front of mind.
The team know that every decision they make makes a big difference to the business.”
For more information please contact:
For more information or technical support on Motospecs products, call 1800 245 748 and for orders and availability, call 1800 605 673 or visit www.motospecs.com.au